Before you begin
RingCentral's text-to-speech utility converts the text greeting you typed into a voice file and saves it to the IVR Prompt Library. Set an IVR prompt using text-to-speech. The text you enter must contain only letters, digits, space, commas, and periods. No special symbols. Use the words “hash” or “pound” or “star” instead of “#” or “*” if needed.
To set up a text-to-speech prompt for an IVR menu:
- From the Admin Portal, select the Phone System tab.
- Click Auto-Receptionist.
- Click the IVR Menus tab.
- Select an existing IVR Menu. The Extension Info appears.
- Click Prompt. The IVR Prompt pop-up appears.
- Under Prompt mode, select the button next to Text to speech.
- In the box for Text: type your desired greeting and connection instructions for your callers.