Before you begin
Adding company numbers to your RingCentral account is simple. Select from a list of local numbers by city and area code, choose an available toll-free number, create your own vanity (personalized) number, or use an existing number.
Each RingCentral number can function as a voice and fax line for incoming calls. This means that one number can be used for both calls and faxing to maximize the use of your service.
- From the Admin Portal, select the Phone System tab.
- Click Phone Numbers.
- Click Company.
Click Add Number, then follow these instructions:
- Local (Domestic): Provide the State/Province and Area Code and Select Number. Select one or more numbers and click Add Numbers.
- Toll-Free Number: Select the button for Toll-Free Number. and select a Toll-Free prefix. Select one or more numbers and click Add Numbers.
- Vanity: Select the tab for Vanity Number. Enter a number that helps customers remember your business phone number. Enter the numbers or letters you wish to use and click Search to check availability. Select a number and click Add Numbers.
- International: Select the button next to Geographic Number or Toll-Free Number. Select one or more numbers and click Add Numbers.
- Click Next.
- Assign the number as Auto-Receptionist or Select Extension.
- Review any changes to your number plan.