Before you begin
Choose how you’d like each call queue to handle incoming calls. Set the order in which the calls transferred to the members of the call queue, choose the audio while connecting, hold music, and hold time.
- From the Admin Portal, select the Phone System tab.
- Click Groups.
- Click the Call Queues tab.
- Click the name of the Call Queue you’d like to configure.
- Select Call Handling to edit your call handling settings.
Select the order in which calls are transferred to department members:
- Rotating: in order by extension number
- Simultaneous: on all department extensions
- In fixed order: select Specify Fixed Order.
- To enable Audio while connecting select the On button.
To set what callers hear during business hours while waiting for a connection, select Set Audio. (see Note)
- Ring Tones
- Music: choose from a preloaded selection of music.
- Custom: upload a WAV or MP3 file.
Note: If you have set custom call queue hours, follow these steps for both the Call Queue Hours and After Hours tabs.