Before you begin
RingOut enables one-touch calling from any phone or internet-enabled computer, allowing you to make calls using your business caller ID from any location, such as a hotel room. The RingOut icon is located in the upper right of every online account page.
- Click the RingOut icon in the upper right corner.
- A pop-up dialer will appear.
- Dial a number or use your keyboard to type a number into the text field. You can also choose from among recent calls, or from your contact list.
- Once you have entered a valid number or selected a contact, the Call button displays green.
- At the bottom of the pop-up you will see a drown-down menu with your different phone numbers. From here you can select the number you’d like to show as your Caller ID. You also have the option to choose a custom phone number from the drop-down menu and enter the desired number in the text field below the drop-down menu.
- Check the box next to Prompt me to press 1 before connecting the call if you’d like the system to confirm that you would like to make the call before you are connected. When the system calls you, you will hear "Please press 1 to connect." This message protects you in case you mistyped your own number, or if your voicemail picks up too quickly.
Click Call. The system first calls you. When you answer (and press 1 as instructed if you’ve selected this option), it then calls the other number and connects you.