Before you begin
A direct number is a phone number that can be called without going through the auto-receptionist.
- From the Admin Portal, select the Phone System tab.
- Click Groups.
- Click the Shared Lines tab.
- Select an existing Shared Lines group.
- Click Direct Numbers.
- Click Add Direct Number.
Follow these instructions to select the type of number:
- Local: Select the button next to Local (Domestic). Provide the State/Province and Area Code and Select Number.
- Toll-Free Number: Select the button for Toll-Free Number. Select a Toll-Free prefix and a number from the drop-down menu.
- Vanity Number: Select the button for Vanity Number. Choose a number that helps customers remember your business phone number. Enter the numbers or letters you wish to use and click Search to see if it is available.
- International Number: Select the button next to International, then Geographic Number or Toll-Free Number. Select the Country and Geographic Prefix. Call the phone number listed to order an international number.
Click Next after choosing your number. Follow the prompts to purchase your new number.