Advanced Call Handling lets you create specific additional rules for that Group extension based on date and/or time of call, or Caller ID, or the number called. These rules override your regular call-handling rules for that extension. These rules can be useful for special situations such as promotions and events: Customers can call a contest number and get a special message or leave a message, for example; and the rule can be modified or turned off when the contest finishes.
On this Custom Rule screen, give your Rule a Name, then select the conditions: Date and/ or Time the call comes in; the Caller ID of the caller; and/or the Called Number. You can combine these selections.
If you selected Date and/or Time as your Rule condition, now select a Weekly Schedule and specific times for each day. Or select a Specific Date Range. Then tap Back, view your Conditions Summary, and tap Next.
- When setting the hours for each day, the selector button will default to OFF. Tap (don’t slide) the selector to move the setting to the ON position. Then adjust the From and To hours for each day as desired. Press the left (back) arrow to advance the calendar to the next day and repeat setting until all days are programmed with the desired hours.
- Transfer caller to call queue members: Then set custom Call Screening, Call Forwarding, or Messages handling for these calls.
- Play Announcement Only and then end the call.
- Take Messages Only to send callers to voicemail. You can choose to take messages or not, and can customize the voicemail greeting.
- Unconditional Forwarding, which immediately forwards the call to a number you then select, bypassing any other call handling, including greetings, call screening, voicemail, and Desktop app.
- Connect to extension. Connect directly to a specific extension.
You can also set Group Greetings and Call Handling for this Rule, and under Messages choose a voicemail greeting and select the extension that will receive messages generated by use of this Rule. As you can see, there are rich programmatic possibilities with this Advance Rule feature.