Now tap After Hours tab at the top of the Call Handling screen. Choose from the following settings for how to handle calls during your defined after-hours times, when no one is available to take calls:
- Play a greeting and disconnect
- Send callers to call queue voicemail
- Unconditional forwarding
- Connect to extension
If you select Unconditional call forwarding, you will be prompted to enter a phone number. Unconditional call forwarding will forward all calls to the number you specify and override all after- hours settings, such as voicemail and greetings.
- The after-hours setting becomes available only after you change Group business hours from the default 24 hours setting.
Advanced Call Handling lets you create specific additional rules for that Group extension based on date and/or time of call, or Caller ID, or the number called. These rules override your regular call-handling rules for that extension. These rules can be useful for special situations such as promotions and events: Customers can call a contest number and get a special message or leave a message, for example; and the rule can be modified or turned off when the contest finishes.
On this Custom Rule screen, give your Rule a Name, then select the conditions: Date and/ or Time the call comes in; the Caller ID of the caller; and/or the Called Number. You can combine these selections.
If you selected Date and/or Time as your Rule condition, now select a Weekly Schedule and specific times for each day. Or select a Specific Date Range. Then tap Back, view your Conditions Summary, and tap Next.
- When setting the hours for each day, the selector button will default to OFF. Tap (don’t slide) the selector to move the setting to the ON position. Then adjust the From and To hours for each day as desired. Press the left (back) arrow to advance the calendar to the next day and repeat setting until all days are programmed with the desired hours.
- Transfer caller to call queue members: Then set custom Call Screening, Call Forwarding, or Messages handling for these calls.
- Play Announcement Only and then end the call.
- Take Messages Only to send callers to voicemail. You can choose to take messages or not, and can customize the voicemail greeting.
- Unconditional Forwarding, which immediately forwards the call to a number you then select, bypassing any other call handling, including greetings, call screening, voicemail, and Desktop app.
- Connect to extension. Connect directly to a specific extension.
You can also set Group Greetings and Call Handling for this Rule, and under Messages choose a voicemail greeting and select the extension that will receive messages generated by use of this Rule. As you can see, there are rich programmatic possibilities with this Advance Rule feature.
- Provide a phone number for the system to call, or have it call your forwarding number (select one under the Forwarding Number menu).
- Tap Call Now.
- If you designate a Group member as the message recipient, Group messages will no longer be saved to the Group voicemail box.
Back at the Messages & Notifications screen, tap Notifications. Here the Admin or the User can be notified, by email or text message (SMS), of various events such as received voicemail, received faxes, missed calls, and fax transmission result messages.
On the Basic screen, you have the choice of sending notification by email and/or by SMS. Tap a choice to turn it On or Off. Scroll to the bottom to enter the Email address to receive notifications. This could be the user, or the Admin, or a receptionist, for example.
Also at the bottom of the screen, tap Add Phone Number and enter a phone number to receive the text messages; the phone number can be that of the user, or the Admin, or someone else; it need not be a RingCentral number.
Select the Carrier for that phone number, to ensure that the text message is correctly sent through that carrier’s texting system. You can enter more than one phone number to receive SMS notifications.
For each Notification feature you turn On you can tap Options and then select an email address and phone number. For email notifications, you can also include any attachments, and also mark the email message in your inbox as Received.