Before you begin
Presence-capable phones have status indicator lights that let you see who is available, busy, or on hold. You can turn on Presence and decide who gets monitored and how you want to handle the calls.
- From the Settings tab, select Phones & Numbers.
- Click Presence.
- A pop-up will appear with a list of users who are currently able to see your Presence.
- Select the Appearance tab.
- Click Select to add a user to this list your Presence-capable phone.
- Select the radio button next to a user.
- Click Done.
- Check the box next to Ring my phone when any user I am monitoring rings if you'd like to use this feature.
- Check the box next to Enable me to pick up a monitored line on hold if you'd like to use this feature.
- Click Save.
Note: If you use RingCentral for Desktop, the list of users under Appearance will automatically sync with the head-up display (HUD) list, used for managing incoming calls on your desktop. Any changes you make to the HUD list on your desktop will also automatically sync with the Appearance list in your online account.
- Click the Permissions tab.
- Next to Allow other users to see my presence, select the radio button next to On or Off.
- Select the users who you'd like to allow to see your Presence.
- Click the arrow to move the selected members to the column on the right. This column is for users who can see your Presence. You can select users and use the arrows to add or remove them from this column.
- Click Save.